Re: [Spits] OD checking

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Spits] OD checking
From: Kevin Rhodes <krhodes1@maine.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2008 10:01:52 -0500
It's a whole lot easier to just look under the car - you can't miss
the O/D unit, it's not exactly petite. :-) As far as checks, I think
the most common problem is bad solenoids and/or wiring. With power
you should get a good click from the solenoid. They are tough units
though, and last a long time when bolted to as little hp and torque
as a Spitfire has. Essentially the same unit was used in 160hp Turbo Volvos.

The rear ends are usually the same in the US, in fact I swapped my
original one for one from my non-O/D parts car. You will need the
transmission mount from the O/D car too.

Kevin Rhodes
Westbrook, Maine
Lucky enough to have one with O/D