Re: [Spits] Inconsistent Fuel Gauge Readings Question

To: "'Chmura, Mike'" <mchmura@umassp.edu>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spits] Inconsistent Fuel Gauge Readings Question
From: "Gene Eighmy" <w4eae@netzero.net>
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2007 16:48:00 -0500
It sounds like a loose ground on the fuel sender...

1. Check the voltage between the Chassis and the Black wire of the sender
(should be 0 volts.  If it's greater than 0, then you have and loose ground)
2. Check voltage between chassis and the Green/Black wire of the sender
(should be around 9 -10 volts for a full tank)
3. Check voltage between chassis and the Green/Black wire of the gauge
(should be around 9 -10 volts for a full tank)
4. Since your temperature gauge is working, I doubt it is the voltage
stabilizer but check the voltage from chassis to the light green wire of the
gauge.  It should be 10 volts.

Gene Eighmy
Birmingham, AL