TR:Spitfire - Help with choke/idle

To: Spitfire <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR:Spitfire - Help with choke/idle
From: Shane Sizemore <c0ssizem@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2007 18:43:19 -0800 (PST)
I got my car back tonight with new automatic choke
installed. It was set to the Basic setting (whatever
that is). It was 40 degrees out when I started it. I
did not let it warm up much, maybe a minute or two.

When driving it, same old problems. Dies when I come
to a stop and acts like it is not getting enough air
or gas. The Temp guage never moved and I am not sure
if it is disconnected or just never warmed up. I drove
it 5 miles home for about 10 minutes and the guage did
not move and it acted like it used to when it was
cold.

The Weber carb is set at 850rpm for idle. When first
cranked and cold, the choke has it the idle around 2K.

I am going to mess with it more tomorrow and first
check the temp guage and then let it try to warm up on
choke like it is supposed to.

Any suggestions? I am going to get all of the old gas
out and put 93 octane in as well (has 87 now).

Surely the car would have warmed up in 15 or minutes?

Thanks
shane

Cheap talk?
http://voice.yahoo.com