RE: WIND DEFLECTOR for SPITFIRE MK3

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: WIND DEFLECTOR for SPITFIRE MK3
From: "Greg Rowe" <growe58@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2007 16:41:06 -0500
>From: Paul-Ernest Levesque <pelevesque@globetrotter.net>
>To: spitfires@autox.team.net
>Subject: WIND DEFLECTOR for SPITFIRE MK3

>I wish to install a wind deflector when riding top down, I never seen such
>an installation and I was wandering how do you manage to raise the top with
>the wind deflector in the way.
>Is it a problem? Or does the top raise without easily
>Have a nice day
>Paul-Ernest

Are you making your own, buying an universal one or adapting one from
another car?  (I
assume that you're talking about one of those screened things that go behind
the seats)

I made one of my own some years ago with the frame constructed from PVC
piping.  I bolted
female fittings straight to the floor behind the seats (I have a raised flat
shelf back there with
speakers and cup holders), so that I could insert the legs of the wind
deflector and then
secure them with pins through suitably drilled holes.  I didn't install the
deflector until
after the top was down and removed it before putting the top back up.
Perhaps you could
also come up with some sort of easy in and out.

FWIW, it worked OK, not great, but OK.  It was only a test prototype and
looked like hell and
I never got around to making a nicer one.

Best!

Greg Rowe

Find sales, coupons, and free shipping, all in one place!  MSN Shopping
Sales & Deals
http://shopping.msn.com/content/shp/?ctid=198,ptnrid=176,ptnrdata=200639

===     http://www.vtr.org