TR:Spitfire - Question regarding fouled plugs, rough idle etc

To: Spitfire <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR:Spitfire - Question regarding fouled plugs, rough idle etc
From: Shane Sizemore <c0ssizem@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2007 16:03:11 -0800 (PST)
I stopped by the shop to check progress on the
Spitfire today.

They were working on the rough idle when I got there.
The new plugs were fouled out and black. They may have
had 25 miles on them at best!

They were checking the timing and settings on the
Weber carb. They think the carb may need to be rebuilt
but they were checking other things to make sure. The
gas in the tank is older (4-5 months old at least) and
I mentioned it may need new fuel filters but I am
guessing the fuel pump is good. They think it is
running too rich and that may have fouled the plugs
and made it idle rough.

Any thoughts from you guys? I will pass it along to
them. I hope this bill does not set me back too far.
They already said the exhaust is about to fall off and
the starter is going bad...the hits keep on coming.

Thanks
Shane

===     http://www.vtr.org