RE: overdrive

To: <tochilds@carolina.rr.com>, "'Larry Vaughan'" <ljvaughan@pldi.net>
Subject: RE: overdrive
From: "Joe Curry" <spitlist@cox.net>
Date: Mon, 1 Jan 2007 13:24:22 -0700
My first bit of new knowledge for 2007!

Thanks,
Joe

-----Original Message-----
From: Tony Childs [mailto:tochilds@carolina.rr.com]
Sent: Monday, January 01, 2007 1:18 PM
To: 'Larry Vaughan'
Cc: 'Joe Curry'; 'Jim Muller'; spitfires@Autox.Team.Net

As an addendum,

I did a little "digging" after I sent my initial response.  If you have the
Haynes Spitfire manual you can look at the wiring diagram on Pages 248-249
for the North American LHD Spitfire MKIV from 1972.  Item 52 is listed as
the Belt warning gearbox switch.  If you shifted out of neutral in to any
gear with your seat belt not fastened, the buzzer sounded.  And yes, on the
3-rail gearbox it is mounted on the passenger side of the bracket opposite
the OD interlock switch.  Somewhere I have a drawing of the bracket with the
switches mounted and labeled. If I can find it, I'll post it for future
reference.

Tony Childs
1972 Spitfire
Indian Trail, NC