Re: [TR] GT6+ Puking Gas

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] GT6+ Puking Gas
From: TR250Driver@aol.com
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 14:15:56 EDT
Thanks Guys for all the responses.  I hate to say it but I bet something is
in the fuel system even though it is all newly restored including the Gas Tank
and all fuel lines.  My only other thought is that the floats are flopping up
and down while on the bumpy trailer and somehow causing the needle valve to
stick down.  The floats themselves are not filled with gas and floated fine in
the sink at Texas.

All of these theories do not explain why the new valve did not work.  I know
by experience also that if a Stromberg is not getting ventilation to the float
bowl it will fill up with gas and flood out.  Could it be possible that on
the trailer the vent hole is filling with gas and then puking?  I dropped the
bowl and drained it but I didn't blow out the vent hole.  I am going to try
that
tonight.  It's a stretch but anything would be better than a contaminated
fuel system.

Regards,
Darrell

===     http://www.vtr.org