door mirror

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: door mirror
From: mkcaspian1@aol.com
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2006 08:58:51 -0400
 Hello fellow owners,
I have a 78 Spitfire, FM 77059 U, built in April of 1978.  It is very original,
right down to the spare tire, which still has the sticker on it, but has never
been used.  It even has the heat that always seems to be on!  My problem is,
the door mirror on the left door.  It is currently the stainless steel model,
and it has seen better days.  I have located a black mirror, and it appears
black mirrors came with the 78 model.  I'mnot sure how it got a chrome mirror.
Which one is really correct for this car, black or stainless?
John Flynn
78 Spitfire
AOL Mail and more.

===     http://www.vtr.org