nuts for Spitfire wire wheel adapters

To: spitfires@autox.team.net, Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: nuts for Spitfire wire wheel adapters
From: ZoboHerald@aol.com
Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2006 23:32:12 EDT
Feel free to reply only to me unless others voice a similar desire to
know....

Can anyone provide me with reasonably accurate dimensions, such as height,
and whether they are conical/beveled/whatever on one or both sides, for the
nuts  holding the wire wheel adapters to the hubs on a Spitfire/GT6?

Thanks in advance! I've encountered a couple cars in the last year or so
where these nuts looked a little too much like regular wheel nuts!?

--Andy   Mace

*Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?
*Man: Well, no ... It's not  so  much of a jet, it's more your, er,
Triumph Herald engine with   wings.
-- Cut-price Airlines Sketch, Monty Python's Flying Circus   (22)

Check out the North American Triumph Sports 6 (Vitesse 6)  and
Triumph Herald Database at its new URL: _http://triumph-herald.us_
(http://triumph-herald.us/)

===     http://www.vtr.org