clutch

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: clutch
From: Larry Vaughan <ljvaughan@pldi.net>
Date: Sun, 03 Sep 2006 11:50:40 -0500
What is the correct torque for the allen head screws holding the
pressure plate to an alloy flywheel. The book has 22lbs. ft. for a steel
flywheel AND is a two foot torque wrench too big for this application. I
had them hand tight with an 8" rachet. I put my two foot long torque
wrench, with the pointer and scale setup, on and got a half turn with
out any deflection of the pointer. I thought I had for sure stripped it
but it looked ok when I removed it.

Larry

===     http://www.vtr.org