Re: Replacing Top/Bottom Windscreen seals

To: Todd Bermudez <red_tr250@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Replacing Top/Bottom Windscreen seals
From: Barry Schwartz <v6spitfireguy@cox.net>
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2006 05:20:29 -0800
yes, the seal can be replaced, the windscreen frame does in fact bolt in
from the top and bottom.  To reach the bolts and replace the seal at the
top the headliner must be out of the way though - which really means that
you would be replacing it -as well as the windscreen seal - you might get
away with just removing the windscreen and seal, then peeling back the
headliner at the front - bottom is the same, that is it bolts in, but the
frame will basically have to be removed, so its a job to replace both -
BTDT don't want to so it again any time soon :-)
>How does one replace these seals?  I see part numbers
>for them, but can't fathom how they're replaced.  I
>did read somewhere that the top bolts down to the
>windscreen.  Can I just lift up & slide the top seal
>in?  What about the bottom?

Barry Schwartz (San Diego)