Re: 2 steps forward 1 step back

To: Spitfire 1500 <s1500@comcast.net>, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 2 steps forward 1 step back
From: doug@dougbraun.com
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2006 19:27:29 -0500
I have seen recommended this technique:

1: Find a washer with a hole a bit smaller then the bolt.
2: TIG weld it to the stump (through the hole).
3: Weld a nut to the washer.
4: Unscrew it with the net.

Unfortunately this assumes you have a TIG welder and you know how to use it...

If you do a lousy welding job you may just end up welding the stump to the
block!

Doug Braun
'72 Spit

===     http://www.vtr.org