Tornado Talisman for sale in Wiltshire - NFI

To: "TriumphSouth" <TriumphSouth@yahoogroups.com>,
Subject: Tornado Talisman for sale in Wiltshire - NFI
From: "Suzie" <suzie.singleton@virgin.net>
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 17:18:09 -0000
I've been told of a Tornado Talisman for sale, near Warminster, Wiltshire
UK.

It does look like rather a nice car but we have absolutely no more room at
the inn just now so daren't even go to see it. It belongs to someone my
brother knows and he's listed information on the car, some photos and a
letter from the seller at  http://www.hunneybell.com/talisman.html. There
are also contact details on this page if you're interested in the car.

It's not a model I'd heard of but my brother found this info about them:

Produced between 1961-1964, only 186 were produced.
(http://www.motorbase.com/vehicle/by-id/161/).
"One of the best Kit-car firms to emerge during the 1950's was undoubtedly
Tornado, founded by Bill Woodhouse. Sadly the company went into receivership
during 1963 but was quickly purchased by a former race driver, John Bekaert.
Sadly the production of Tornado cars lasted just one more year, although the
company survived in the body-repair business."
(http://www.motorbase.com/manufacturer/by-id/110/).
More pictures and more information about the car here
(http://www.astruc.s.easynet.co.uk/tornado_register/talisman.htm).

(PS. Obligatory Triumph content - the car's bonnet tips forward just like
most of the Triumphs - and to me it looks rather like a Bond Equipe!)

Suzie

===     http://www.vtr.org