Re: Paint prices?? (Part 1)

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Paint prices?? (Part 1)
From: Marv Coulthard <coulthard@saltspring.com>
Date: Sat, 05 Nov 2005 12:34:07 -0800
John,..  Looks like you and I are in the middle of exactly the same
project.  92 Dodge Caravan here..  Hood has pealed ,  roof above the
windshield is now starting,  tailgate badly chipped and pealing.,,,  I have
the hood sanded to bare metal and primed and the tailgate the same.  Next
is the sides then the top.  Long project for my daily driver..  I am
priming with Proform acid etch strait from the spray can.  Seems to work
fine.  The expert at the shop tells me that their Dupont Centari will
adhere to it great.

As a side note. I have removed and blanked out all decor and the external
lock on the tailgate and the hood ornament.  I found a fellow locally that
does louvers and am contemplating some on the hood.  Love them on the
Morgan.... sooooooo..... and at 2bucks a louver.... why the hell not.

cheers
Marv

===     http://www.vtr.org