RE: exterior door handle part and...

To: "'chip kigar'" <chip@hexnut.us>, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: exterior door handle part and...
From: "Gosling, Richard B" <Richard.Gosling@atkinsglobal.com>
Date: Mon, 30 May 2005 16:18:18 +0100
Don't know about in the US, but www.trgb.co.uk sells exactly this part in
the UK for very little money, AND it is metal!  I'm sure they'd ship one
over to you.

BTW, I don't know what metal they use, but it is a bit brittle, and the hole
is a little too small (at least it was when I bought one a few years back).
If you try and force the cotter pin in, the metal will break.  Check if the
cotter pin is too tight a fit, and if necessary, drill the hole out just a
little bit more, and all will be fine.  TRGB were happy to exchange the one
I broke, but it was more conveniant for me to go back and complain since
they are only a few miles from where I lived at the time!

Don't try calling them today, it's a Bank Holiday in England...

Richard Gosling

This email and any attached files are confidential and copyright protected. If
you are not the addressee, any dissemination of this communication is strictly
prohibited. Unless otherwise expressly agreed in writing, nothing stated in
this communication shall be legally binding.