Re: Does anyone have a recommendation for a rear wheel bearing

To: chip@hexnut.us, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Does anyone have a recommendation for a rear wheel bearing
From: Cwn74@aol.com
Date: Sun, 29 May 2005 18:27:32 EDT
In a message dated 5/18/2005 9:16:27 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
chip@hexnut.us writes:

I am in  the midst of replacing a ticking rear wheel bearing.  I've
pulled the  hub (I DO have the proper tool) and have pushed the trunnion
up the shaft  to expose the bearing.  However, It looks like I need to
spend another  19.99 on some sort of puller for the bearing before I can
(as Mr. Haynes  says) pull the trunnion from the shaft to replace the
needle  bearing.

I'm knocking off for the night and will go shopping at the  auto parts
place or Sears tomorrow.  Does anyone like a specific type  or brand?  A
quick web search returned TOO many choices.

Chip  Kigar
'80 Spitfire 1500

Usually if the needle bearing is shot, so is the axle, which is the  bearing
inner race...

Clark

74 Spitfire, 71 Stag
"Reality... it's  not what you think"
Clark W. Nicholls
CWNicholls@aol.com
_www.cwnicholls.com_ (http://www.cwnicholls.com/)
fax: 419-844-7564  (yes, 419 provided free by efax.com)
phone:  413-243-3433