Re: Electrical system - lights - low voltage

To: thomas.dertz@creo.no, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Electrical system - lights - low voltage
From: ZoboHerald@aol.com
Date: Sun, 22 May 2005 17:40:25 EDT
In a message dated 5/22/2005 10:36:37 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
thomas.dertz@creo.no writes:

One  after one the lights on my Spitfire Mk II have disappeared -
fortunately  with the exception of the headlights. I was able to get my
break lights  back online today by cleaing the sockets, but front park
lights, rear  lights and licence plate light are still out....

Any idea as to why,  where and how to fix it
======
In many, many years of experience in this area with any number of Triumphs,
what you describe is almost invariably caused by dirty contacts in the fuse
box.  If the fuse is intact, just "roll" it around...and chances are your
"running  lights" will come back. If that brings back everything but
taillights,
chances  are you're due for just a bit more cleaning up of the contacts in the
taillight  base.

--Andy  Mace

*Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?
*Man: Well, no ... It's not so  much of a jet, it's more your, er,
Triumph Herald engine with  wings.
-- Cut-price Airlines Sketch, Monty Python's Flying Circus  (22)

Check out the North American Triumph Sports 6 (Vitesse 6)  and Triumph Herald
Database at its new URL: _http://triumph-herald.us_
(http://triumph-herald.us/)