Re: Orifice Seat in a ZS Carb

To: Bill Manning <gripdad@sbcglobal.net>,
Subject: Re: Orifice Seat in a ZS Carb
From: "Dr. Faustus" <dr_faustus@pcisys.net>
Date: Tue, 17 May 2005 13:09:27 -0600
At 12:16 PM 5/17/2005, Bill Manning wrote:
>Bob
>I just went through this with a 76 Midget-same motor.
>I took it to a local MG mechanic who smogs these
>things all the time. He replaces the jet with a high
>altitude jet and sends them through. If you are close
>to Los Angeles I'll give you his name and address. He
>doesn't want this to become common knowledge for
>obvious reasons.If the catalytic converter is working
>and the engine in decent order it should go right
>through. You need a tool to replace the jet but
>centering the jet is for SU carbs.The tool and jet
>should be available at one of the usual sources. Moss,
>Vicky B or The Roadster Factory
>                                  Bill

You could also run the gas tank down to about 1 gallon. Add a gallon of
"Denatured Alcohol" from your local big box store.  Immediately go test
your emissions.  Then refill your tank with whatever quality gasoline you
prefer to run.

However...you'll be much better off fixing whatever problem is causing you
to fail emissions.

Andy L.