Re: Orifice Seat in a ZS Carb

To: "Bollinger, Bob \(Bob.Bollinger\)"
Subject: Re: Orifice Seat in a ZS Carb
From: Bill Manning <gripdad@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 17 May 2005 11:16:18 -0700 (PDT)
Bob
I just went through this with a 76 Midget-same motor.
I took it to a local MG mechanic who smogs these
things all the time. He replaces the jet with a high
altitude jet and sends them through. If you are close
to Los Angeles I'll give you his name and address. He
doesn't want this to become common knowledge for
obvious reasons.If the catalytic converter is working
and the engine in decent order it should go right
through. You need a tool to replace the jet but
centering the jet is for SU carbs.The tool and jet
should be available at one of the usual sources. Moss,
Vicky B or The Roadster Factory
                                 Bill
--- "Bollinger, Bob  (Bob.Bollinger)"