Re: Electrickery question.

To: celiracer81@hotmail.com
Subject: Re: Electrickery question.
From: sinclair@degenkolb.com
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 14:22:44 -0700
You can test everything just with a battery.  You might want to use a
battery charger in place of a battery to cap the current that can be
delivered - that way if there is a short you don't fry something.

I put a whole new harness in mine, I think about $300, and a couple of days
work.  Well worthwhile.  It sounds like yours is like mine was, about at
the end of it's life.  The new harnesses are all color coded, you just cut
the old one, leaving an inch or two of each wire+connector at all the
gauges, lights etc.  Then when the old one is in you just swap the old plug
for the new, with a little cleaning up of the connections for good measure.
When I tested mine the first time there wasn't a single short anywhere.

Good luck.
Mark Sinclair