Re: Wheel Alignment - Different Settings?

To: Tim Schuh <tim@ugly.net>,
Subject: Re: Wheel Alignment - Different Settings?
From: James Carruthers <j.carruthers@rave.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 14:30:41 +0100
Tim Schuh wrote:

> Can the camber be adjusted that much?  In the factory manual for my
> '76 1500 it says that camber should be +2 +/-1.  My 84 RX-7 race car
> has -2.5 on it and that's actually quite a lot.  Enough to lift the
> outside edge of my 235/45x13 tires off the ground when sitting level
> and unladen.

The Spitfire racers set their front camber from about -1 to start off
with to -4 for the pros - they use 185/60 tyres.

Check out the rear camber on the current TSSC champion's car....

http://www.mintylamb.co.uk/tssc/lydden04.gal/DSCF0077.jpg

And that car really goes! I have first hand experience - having been in
it around the track!

James