Door handle gaskets

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Door handle gaskets
From: "Jim Holmgren" <jholmgren@advertising.com>
Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 19:36:39 -0400
Quick and simple (hopefully) question for you all.  I'm getting ready to
re-install my exterior door handles on my '75 Spitfire.  I bought new
gaskets for the handles, since the old ones were basically gone - not
much left of them.

Should I use any kind of adhesive or other treatment on the gaskets
before I reinstall the handles, or just let the compression from
tightening the door handle hold them in place?  The gaskets are a
cork-like material.

Thanks in advance for the advice!

Jim
'75 Spitfire 1500
The information transmitted in this email is intended only for the person(s) or
entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged
material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking
of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other
than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this email in error,
please contact the sender and permanently delete the email from any computer.