RE: Car Trailers

To: "Ken" <sdspitfire@sbcglobal.net>,
Subject: RE: Car Trailers
From: "Peter Ryner" <pryner@verizon.net>
Date: Sat, 15 May 2004 11:09:39 -0400
Ken,
Are you planning to rent or purchase?  I have not had a problem with rental
trailers.  I've used them for MGBs and Spitfires.    Several years ago I
looked at the prices to rent and purchase and I bought a 16' open trailer
with a wooden plank floor.  I don't know how I ever got along without a
trailer.  I've used it many times to move, as I was in the Air Force,
friends have borrowed it many times to move cars, furniture etc., and I use
it all the time to take yard clippings to the landfill, move building
materials for our renovation and the list goes on.  Just my $.02.
The other option is to rent a two wheel tow dolly.  They worked very well on
my MG and are much cheaper to rent.  I know there is a lot of discussion on
the list about disconnecting the driveshaft which I did - but that's another
subject.
Good Luck
Pete