Re: Gluing dash veneer

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Gluing dash veneer
From: Ken Strayhorn <ken@dukecomm.duke.edu>
Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 09:54:34 -0400
On Thursday, May 13, 2004, at 06:31 AM, Nolan Penney wrote:

> My first choice would be epoxy.  Rakka, West, etc.  I learned to love
> the stuff when building a kayak and use it for all sorts of
> woodworking projects.  Absolutely wonderful stuff.

Even though I sang the praises of Brownell's epoxy yesterday, I can
second Nolan's recommendation for West marine epoxy, especially if you
use it with fibreglas matting for rust repairs. It's the only
resin/matting combo I've ever used that will cling to an upside-down
surface (as long as you keep the pieces to a reasonable size) as it
cures. Plus, it doesn't tend to get brittle after it cures. Not cheap,
but it works.

Ken Strayhorn
Hillsborough NC
'72 MkIV