Another Spit question

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Another Spit question
From: Dale Osterndorf <osternd@juno.com>
Date: Sun, 2 May 2004 10:12:50 -0400
How y'all doing?  That's how we talk down here in the south (kinda sorta)

Another question on my '78 Spitfire.  I'm wondering if the synchros in
the tranny are worn.  The gears tend to clash a little if I rush the
shift (seems to be in all gears if I recall correctly).  If I take my
time shifting, it seems to be ok but this car needs all the help it can
get maintaining speed.  I'm thinking about switching to an OD anyhow, so
probably won't go to the trouble of rebuilding it.  Normal for a Spit, or
time to get the wrenches out?  Clutch seems to be fine and no trouble
with reverse.

TIA

Dale O

'76 TR6