Oil Feed to cylinder head

To: "Herald List" <triumph_herald@yahoogroups.com>,
Subject: Oil Feed to cylinder head
From: "Suzie" <suzie.singleton@virgin.net>
Date: Sat, 1 May 2004 22:16:39 +0100
Guy has been toiling on my Mk III Spitfire, Baby Blue, and has now changed
the engine and fitted an overdrive gearbox, I suppose I will get used to 5
gears eventually - though it is a little easier in my Dolly which does them
for me!!!

However there's still a problem. Over to Guy:

When I test drove the car it was fine but on the way back it lost two
cylinders, this turned out to be two push rods dropping out, the reason for
this was two valves sticking down. I've now changed the cylinder head back
to a non-unleaded one we had but checking the oil feed to the rocker shaft,
there is plenty of oil at idle but no supply when the engine is revved up -
this may have caused the problem with the valves - any ideas if this correct
? There is good oil pressure.

Suzie & Guy