SU Needles

To: <SPIT6CGT6@yahoogroups.com>,
Subject: SU Needles
From: <ptegler@cablespeed.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2004 19:12:32 -0400
...interesting dilemma here..... swapped out a pair
of ZS carbs for HS4's  I've plenty of experience with tuning
SU carbs but this one is a bit of a 'stumper'

My best setup.... has A/F at around 12.3 at idle.... but up and running,
cruising, and 4th gear 20-50mph ace te4sting all looks (and feels)
great!

I simply don't understand the idle being so rich.  If I lean out the idle...
it wants to die.   Yes... testing included with, and without air filters.
8 sets of needles, and not much difference.

ideas... suggestions....   maybe I've simply overloaded myself here
while doing all these carb comparisons.    HELP!

Paul Tegler
ptegler@cablespeed.com
www.teglerizer.com