Re: THE RUSULTS Re: Need help from those electrical engineers!

To: mikeross <mikeross@prodigy.net>
Subject: Re: THE RUSULTS Re: Need help from those electrical engineers!
From: public@sweavo.34sp.com
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2004 19:42:15 +0100
Quoting mikeross <mikeross@prodigy.net>:

> Thanks to all who have responded to my request for ideas on this problem.  I
> just got back from the garage and noted the following:
>
> 1.  My memory was incorrect about the connections.  The "constant-on" wire
> to the CirKit Boss Fuse Center is not from the brake light wire

Thank God!

> as I had
> indicated.  It comes directly off of the starter solenoid,  however, I do
> not have a separate fuse between there and the Fuse Center.

I don't see why you would need one, unless I am jumping the gun by assuming
there is a fuse in the Fuse Center.  I expect there is though.

> suggested in his excellent email, I'll add one.   The "ignition-hot", is not
> from the fuel gauge wire.

Thank God!

> It is wired to the power in wire coming into the
> heater fan motor.

Seems reasonable, at a glance.

> 2.  After reviewing the wiring diragram for my 1970 GT6+,  I see that all
> the wiring for the systems that were affected come from the top fuse at the
> original fuse box.  As I mentioned, the fuse had never blown, but John K.
> had relayed this note:
>
> >I would surmise you have a bad connection in the original fuse box.

Ah!  Good call.  I've had minis come to a full stop due to a wobbly and dirty
spade connector on the solenoid.

> When I reconned the battery,  everything worked!  I turned on the heater
> fan, cranked up the radio, flipped the turn signal, stepped on the brake
> pedal, turned on the rear window defogger, and nothing quit working.   The
> only thing I forgot to do was turn on the wiper moter.  All these things
> were on the top fuse.

Yay!

> I'm sure glad I checked the easiest thing to correct first!

Well, that was good exercise, and it was nice to see the wetlands.  Might as
well have left the gun at home though, never got to see the goose. :-)