Re: Need help from those electrical engineers! Kinda long

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Need help from those electrical engineers! Kinda long
From: Terry Thompson <firespiter@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2004 16:00:33 -0700 (PDT)
<BONKS YOU ON THE HEAD>
The brake lamp and the fuel gauge wire? Please tell me
you're joking, Mike.
I'm not trying to be insulting, but for the love of
all that is British please take the splices out and
put those two back the way they were. The fuel gauge
has a regulated 9 volt feed from the voltage
stabilizer.
My suggestion:
Splice the CONSTANT hot feed from the lighter wire or
run a direct wire off of the starter solenoid where
the battery + connects.
Splice the Ignition On circuit off of the accessory
white wires in the fuse box. (White is BEFORE the
fuse, if you're not drawing a lot more power you can
tap in after the fuse on the green wire feeds).

Honestly, Mike, off the top of my head I cannot think
of two worse places to tap into your harness for
accessories.
Okay...I saw someone that once had his radio wired
into the light switch...he had you beat.
-Terry T.