Re: 6 cylinder spitfire?

To: "Gary Leroux" <geevee@shaw.ca>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 6 cylinder spitfire?
From: "Larry Vaughan" <lvaughan@pldi.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2004 21:09:31 -0500
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&category=6469&item=2473542995&sspagename=STRK%3AMEBWA%3AIT
----- Original Message -----
From: "Gary Leroux" <geevee@shaw.ca>
To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Sent: Tuesday, April 20, 2004 8:21 PM
Subject: 6 cylinder spitfire?

> I currently own a 1970 spitfire with a later 1500 engine and trans.  I
love the look of spitfires over tr6's and gt6's but I would like to have
more power.  I have heard of dropping a spit body over a gt6 frame but is it
possible to drop in a gt6 or tr6 engine and drivetrain into the spitfire on
the same frame?  If so is it a difficult conversion, will the spit prop
shafts and rearend work etc. Thanks in advance I have learned so much from
this site already and I look forward to your responses.