Vinegar

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Vinegar
From: "Larry Vaughan" <lvaughan@pldi.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2004 19:38:55 -0500
With or without herbs. I removed the tank, from my Spit and cut my fingers on
the weld area. It's like a rolling spot weld.

I let it drain several days, upside down and it still had gas in it. I used my
shop vac on it till I couldn't hear any thing splashing around.

I shopped around for cheap white vinegar. Walmart had $1.47 a gallon. I left
the tank sending unit in and filled it up with vinegar. Almost 10 gallons. The
spill made the concrete floor foam up. I ran my finger around the neck today
and the varnish came off black and left a metallic sheen.

One legend verified, sort of. I will grind off the little razor edges of the
rolling spot weld, sand off the exterior rust and anything else that might
make a spark before I paint it.

Larry