Re: Spitfire gearbox oil

To: Spitfires List <Spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Spitfire gearbox oil
From: Tim Schuh <tim@ugly.net>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2004 07:50:37 -0500
Gosling, Richard B wrote:

> Oh, there's worse.  One high-performance car that came onto the market
> within the last year or two (can't remember which, but it was from a German
> or German-owned manufacturer) has the engine crammed in so tight that you
> need to remove the engine to change the spark plugs!

I believe you're thinking about the late or mid-80's 911's.  You don't
necessarily have to remove the engine, just loosening the engine and
transmission mounts let the engine sag enough to change the plugs.  This
from a friend of mine that used to work on them at a local race shop.

--
Tim Schuh
Ugly Networks