drive train

To: <Spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: drive train
From: "Larry Vaughan" <lvaughan@pldi.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2004 20:10:34 -0500
I received my strap type driveshaft today. The front flange was missing and
the rear flange was beat up. Removing u-joints is usually a disaster for
beginners. It looks as if it will work anyway.

The 3-rail trans with j-type overdrive, that will hook up to this driveshaft,
has resistance when turning the output flange. The resistance is at the end of
one revolution, in either direction.

The single rail trans with j-type overdrive has no resistance, when turning
the output flange, in either direction.

The spare j-type OD unit I have has no resistance, when turning the output
flange, in either direction.

Can anyone give me a heads up before I take things apart and make
comparisons.

Larry