Re: Spitfire Tonneau cover snaps

To: abeck@ica.net (""), triumphs@autox.team.net, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Spitfire Tonneau cover snaps
From: doug@dougbraun.com
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2004 19:56:42 -0400
A couple of tips:

1:  Order about a dozen of the snaps.  You'll be replacing them every now and
then for the life of the car.

2:  Find a pop-rivet tool that has an "extended snout", so that the end of the
tool pushes
against the pop rivet itself and not the plastic snap.  Otherwise the rivet
will not get tightly fixed
in place.  If necessary, you may be able to improvise with a short (1/4") bit
of metal
tubing placed between the pop rivet and the tool.  Also, use aluminum instead
of steel
pop-rivets, to reduce the chance of crushing the snap.

Doug Braun
'72 Spit