Re: Spitfire Tonneau cover snaps

To: abeck@ica.net (""), triumphs@autox.team.net, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Spitfire Tonneau cover snaps
From: ZoboHerald@aol.com
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2004 14:20:03 -0400
In a message dated 4/12/2004 12:47:46 PM Eastern Daylight Time, abeck@ica.net
writes:

> 1979 Triumph Spitfire
>  A couple of the snapes for my tonneau cover are broken...  I know how
> to replace the ones on the cover iteself, but there are a couple broken on
> the car--specifically one on the door, and one on the back on top of the
> soft top.
>
> How do I replace these?

I believe that part number 713511 is what you're looking for; should be
available from TRF, Spitbits, etc. under that part number. This is the original
plastic snap, and it simply rivets on. Alternatively, you can get the older
metal-style ones at any hardware store, and they're essentially compatible even
with the plastic snaps on an OEM top or tonneau.

--Andy Mace