Spit parts needed

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Spit parts needed
From: Mark Haynes <haynes386@netzero.net>
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2004 19:39:17 -0600
Hi all,
     My brother was just kind enough to call me and let meknow that he'd
holed the engine on the 162 car for me. The following is a list of the
immediately obvious parts needed to get it track worthy again...
1 early 1296 crank, preferably 0/0, race prepped a plus
1 set of  Herald or Spit rods, I'd prefer the Herald rods
1 full set of Spit +.040 flat top pistons

     What a bother, he exploded it at 7200 R's after running it to 7900
yesterday. He loved the way it pulled, but I told him that even the
factory had trouble keeping them together over 8000. He paid little
attention and set the rev limiter to 8000. BANG.

TIA
Mark Haynes
RMVR 162
'65 Spit