Trans

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Trans
From: "Larry Vaughan" <lvaughan@pldi.net>
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2004 18:21:14 -0500
I have a transmission that has set idle for some time with no fluid in it. It
is a three rail with J-type overdrive. I pulled the top off and all the gears
look good, even reverse. There is light rust on the top gears and a foamy
residue on the shafts, that wipes off okay.

Should I just add fluid and install it? Will it hurt to pour some gas or
diesel thru it before I add the fluid? How about spraying the shafts with
wd-40 and blowing them of with air before closing it up and adding fluid?

Larry