alloy wheel refurbishment

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: alloy wheel refurbishment
From: "James Carruthers" <j.carruthers@rave.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 9 Apr 2004 17:48:25 +0100 (BST)
I've got a nice set of Wolfrace slots- and rather than pay 45 quid a wheel
to get them done pro (which I'd rather spend on tyres) - I am trying to
have a go myself... if it fails - then I shall get them done proper...

First I've used some Gunk to get off the oil and grease...

http://www.mintylamb.co.uk/temp/slots1.jpg
http://www.mintylamb.co.uk/temp/slots2.jpg

But now Im stuck with what to do next...

So can anyone recommend what to do? I like mechanical ways of doing things :)

BTW - The wheel in the photo is the only one to have some kerbing - the
rest are all perfect... - but i will have to get that one fixed.

Also I plan on painting the orangey red bits signal red to match my car...
just so you know :)

James

69 Signal Red Spit