Brake Caliper Assembly Torque - 74 Spit

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Brake Caliper Assembly Torque - 74 Spit
From: "jkekenj" <jkekenj@sympatico.ca>
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2004 23:05:27 -0400
Does anyone know the Torque required on the brake caliper bolts that hold
the two halves of the caliper together?  I understand that too much or too
little torque will cause the caliper to leak break fluid.

I had to remove the two bolts on either side of the bleed screw for better
access to the bleed screw for removal.  I broke the bleed screw anyway but
was able to use an easy out to finally remove the broken part.

Before I sand blast the caliper for painting, I would like tighten the
caliper hold together bolts.

JimK