Re: Old Mk2

To: "steve walls" <stevewalls1@yahoo.com>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Old Mk2
From: "Suzie" <suzie.singleton@virgin.net>
Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2004 19:20:21 +0100
Hi Steve
Your friend's Spitfire isn't not currently on the TSSC Vehicle Register, but
this is still relatively new and I still have less than 200 cars listed
(Hint for any TSSC members out there to send their IVRs in, though I'm happy
to add non-members' cars too)

The RAC free data check service
(http://www.rac.co.uk/myrac/vehicle_data_check/) doesn't list it as actively
on the DVLA database. Although this isn't infallible it does imply that
either it's no longer still around or it's luring in the back of a shed
somewhere untaxed for many years.

The other possible site to check it on is Joe Curry's International Triumph
Spitfire Database but this has all cars listed by Commission number so if
your friend has a record of that somewhere it could be worth looking to see
if it's there. http://members.cox.net/spitlist/index.html

The only thing left would be for your friend to write to the DVLA himself as
they may be able to tell him, as a previous keeper, whether or not it's
still around and, if it is, they *may* in some cases be prepared to forward
a letter to the current owner.

Hope that helps.

Suzie Singleton
Early Spitfire Register Secretary for the TSSC