Re: Front Trunion Re-Fit

To: parrotthead01@comcast.net, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Front Trunion Re-Fit
From: Cwn74@aol.com
Date: Sun, 4 Apr 2004 19:31:08 EDT
In a message dated 4/4/2004 12:43:04 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
parrotthead01@comcast.net writes:

I'm  refurbishing the bushings and bolts for the suspension in my 1980  Spit's
front end.  I'm ready to re-assemble (after powder coating  everything,
thanks FT!), but now the front trunion kit does not seem to  want to fit in
the lower A-Arm.  The new urethane bushings will not  compress enough to
allow for the water seals (the cupped washers with  rubber o-ring inside
each) to fit into the narrow slot at the outer end of  the A-Arm.

Any suggestions?

Dan Parrott
Savannah,  Ga
It sounds like you didn't assemble them in the correct order,  assuming you
have a standard bushing set...
The washer with the big hole should be on the poly bushing prior to
inserting, then the ring and washer with the smaller hole go on prior to
insertion
into the a-arm.
Refer to manual or parts book for blowup diagram...
Also, make certain you use the front bushing kit, not the rear axle  kit...
Clark

74 Spitfire, 71 Stag
"Reality... it's  not what you think"
Clark W. Nicholls
CWNicholls@aol.com
_www.cwnicholls.com_ (http://www.cwnicholls.com/)
fax: 419-844-7564  (yes, 419 provided free by efax.com)
phone:  413-243-3433