Re: (no subject)

To: ZoboHerald@aol.com, veejay53@msn.com, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: (no subject)
From: "David Mayer" <celiracer81@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 08 Nov 2003 05:45:23 +0000
I might be bale to help you on this one.  I think i have the air filter
cover that you are looking for.  But i will take a picture of what i have
for you to see if that is what you are looking for.  It isn't in very good
shape, but a little sanding and some fresh paint and it could look somewhat
decent.  I would be happy to get rid of it!  But, as Andy stated, i don't
think that these were routinely fit to the 69's.  I have one just because it
was in a box of random 1500 parts that i have (acctually...i have about 3 of
boxes like that).
Let me know if youa re still interested.

Dave
'68 Spit Mk3

>From: ZoboHerald@aol.com
>To: veejay53@msn.com ("James Crone"), spitfires@autox.team.net
>Subject: Re: (no subject)
>Date: Thu, 06 Nov 2003 09:49:07 -0500
>
>In a message dated 11/6/2003 6:24:59 AM Eastern Standard Time,
>veejay53@msn.com writes:
>
> > I was wondering if anyone had an air filter cover for a 69 dual carb
> > spitfire(inner and outer)? Maybe someone who changed to a weber setup.
>
>I'm sure someone can come up with one. Note, however, that they were NOT
>routinely fitted on the Mk3 "Federal" cars and really aren't needed.
>
> > also looking for a set of wire wheels, with hubs and nuts for a
>reasonable
> > price that are in pretty good restorable condition.
>
>You might get lucky and find a good used set at a reasonable price. Odds
>are, though, that you'd be better off (and possibly spend less) to purchase
>these items new. Expensive? Yes. Worth it? Yes, if you like wire wheels
>(and I do). Cost effective? Likely so, as opposed to the money you'd spend
>"overhauling" used wheels and possibly discovering that the splines are
>worn in the hubs and/or the adaptors, etc., etc.
>
>--Andy Mace

Concerned that messages may bounce because your Hotmail account is over
limit? Get Hotmail Extra Storage! http://join.msn.com/?PAGE=features/es