Re: Clutch Fluid

To: SPIT mail list <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Clutch Fluid
From: Philip Warburton <cplimey@shaw.ca>
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2003 07:49:29 -0700
With a little luck, you may only have to rebuild the clutch master cylinder.
I am assuming it is a similar set  up as the 1500...i.e. a clutch master and
the slave that is a pain to get at.

Check for fluid leaks around the clutch master and see if the level is low.

If either of these occur, I suggest doing the clutch master first.
Takes less than an hour to re and re the whole assembly.

I did this last year and it worked like a charm.

Cheers,

  *** Philip ***
1975 Spitfire 1500 - FM32468U
(otherwise known as CJ)