Re: Biggles Crankshaft

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Biggles Crankshaft
From: EDENMA@aol.com
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2003 15:21:50 EDT
It looks as if Biggles' crankshaft has been balanced at sometime in its life.
 Polish it up and use it again if possible!  I just paid good money to have
my wife's engine balanced during the machining for the rebuild this summer.  I
hope you noted and marked (although this was most likely done by the last
machine shop) the order of the rods, caps and pistons during the disassembly as
they will need to go back in the same order.  You will most likely note that
some grinding has been done on the rods to balance them as well.

Cheers!

Mark
(Joe, I put the Pertronix dizzy in. Works great! Thanks!)