1977 Spitfire for sale

To: <Spitfires@autox.team.net>, <nass@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: 1977 Spitfire for sale
From: "Dave Gebhard" <kimkell@decaturnet.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 09:40:01 -0500
    Spitlisters:
     A series of events has come about in my life, among those is the need
to sell my Spitfire. With a daughter in her third year of college, another
daughter with schooling needs, and waaaaaaay to many irons in the fire,
something had to give.
    The car is a 1977 Spitfire with the following improvements and/or
modifications:
New top
New door seals   (furflex)
Mazda Miata seats   (black cloth)
New carpet   (black)
Custom shifter  (shortened about 2")
Rebuilt engine head with 3 way valve grind and reknurled valve guides
New timing chain with tensioner
Weber DGV 32-36 with electric choke...Cannon intake
Bosch alt.
Allison 40k coil
Allison electronic ignition
New green ignition wires from TRF.
Custom exhaust...NO cat
Electric fan from a Mazda RX7 with thermostat and manual cut off
Electric fuel pump
Oil pressure switch that turns off the F.P. with the loss of oil pressure
New rear engine oil seal
New clutch,pressure plate,throw out bearing
New rear tranny seal
New clutch master (two yrs old)
Rebuilt slave   (Dot 5 fluif in this system)
Rebuilt brake master  (brake have standard DOT 3-4)
New Sumitomo HTR 200 tires   185-60-13
Custom rims  (subject to change)
New ball joints
New tie rods ends
ALL poly bushing (everywhere!)
Stainless braided brake hoses
KYB shocks
Competition front springs  (from VB)
Red exterior
Body needs a little TLC but it's nothing major   (there is some bondo from a
PO)
*****Extras I will include with this car and sale******
Set of wheels and tires with original spare!
Trunk tools and bag   (also original)
Haynes manual  (well used but not abused!!)
Extra lugnuts and studs
Original fan
Box of other misc. parts

    Well there it is. There not much left to do to this car. It runs like a
champ!!!! I LOVE THIS CAR!!! But in choosing a new direction this is the
right choice!! I know that if anyone on these lists buys it,it will be in
good hands. Most of the work on this car came as a result of these lists.
Now for the money part...
    $3000.00   a bargain!!
 Please contact me OFFLIST
        kimkell@decaturnet.com
        Dave Gebhard
        Decatur, IN
        1-260-728-9328 anytime after 5pm CST  (Indiana doesn't know about
daylight savings time!!!)
        Leave a message if you have to and I 'll TRY to call you back.