RE: Alternator Not Charging

To: "'R.D. Waid'" <waids@usfamily.net>, Spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Alternator Not Charging
From: "DASHWOOD, Dean, FM" <Dean.Dashwood@rbos.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 13:40:31 +0100
Bob,

When you say:

> The charging light is not operating

Do you mean that, when you turn the ignition on but don't start the engine,
the charging light does not come on?  Because, if this is the case, the
alternator won't work.  You need some current flowing through this bulb to
"excite" the alternator and get it going.  This would explain why:

> I am getting only 12.3 V out of it, which is battery voltage

Hopefully it's just a blown bulb.

Dean