Hesitation

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Hesitation
From: "Martin Pearce" <dungey@pearcem95.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2003 15:38:08 +0100
Bit of advice guys pls.

My '63 Spit4 has been fine recently, and a real pleasure to drive.  Have
started to notice some slight hesitation when accelerating, usually around
45-50mph.  She is fine at lower speeds.

Have checked the spark plugs and they are ok.  Carbs could be out slightly I
suppose, but if it was that then the problem should be there all the time?
Fuel must be getting through otherwise I would have problems at all speeds.

Only started noticing the problem after filling up with fuel.  I wonder if it
was a bad batch?  Am using unleaded with a fuel supplement as she has not be
converted to unleaded.  I'm pretty positive I added the supplement at fill
up.

Where next????

Martin
'63 Spit4