RE: spitfire waterpump bearing

To: "'sinclair@degenkolb.com'" <sinclair@degenkolb.com>,
Subject: RE: spitfire waterpump bearing
From: "Gosling, Richard B" <Richard.Gosling@atkinsglobal.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2003 08:31:49 +0100
Yes, Mark, I think it is very possible that the pump would sieze - although
I doubt many people have deliberately tried it to find out!

Adding grease may help, but I don't know how long for - I wouldn't rely on
it as a long-term thing without regular re-greasing.

What is more intriguing to all of us is why you would ask this hypothetical
question??  Are you considering bypassing your water pump with an electric
pump or something?  If so, what are your reasons for wanting to do this?

Richard & Daffy

This email and any attached files are confidential and copyright protected.
If you are not the addressee, any dissemination of this communication is
strictly prohibited. Unless otherwise expressly agreed in writing, nothing
stated in this communication shall be legally binding.