Wrong Distributor?

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Wrong Distributor?
From: "David Mayer" <celiracer81@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 09 Aug 2003 19:23:46 +0000
Well...When i first go tthe Spitfire, it came in boxes.  and in those boxes
were miscelaneous parts from a MKIII as well as a 1500.  Now.  I had two
Distributors to choose from so i used the one that seemed to be the newest
and had the most free spin.  Now...i am going to try to attatch some
pictures here...do i have the wrong distributor here?  and the last picture
is the other one that i have.  I know that the on that i have on there now
is electronic or whatever, and the wires coming out of it...what are they
for?
If i put on the other distributor what kind of wire can i use as a lead from
the coil to the distributor?  and from which post off of the coil does it
get attatched?

copy this into the address bar and there should be some pictures...

http://www.angelfire.com/d20/davies_stuff/distributor.html

Thanks for all your help.  I am trying to know this stuff ASAP because i
want to start this car this weekend.  So any speedy responses would be
greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Dave
'68 Spit MK3