Re: flywheels

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: flywheels
From: PorscheRcr@aol.com
Date: Sat, 9 Aug 2003 14:32:24 EDT
Light flywheels are, in my opinion, fantastic.  I have had one in all my cars
for quite a while.  The only place they aren't too much fun is in stop/go
traffic (like stopped freeway, not in-town), other than that I've loved mine in
every vehicle I've put one in.  As far as aluminum flywheels specifically, I'd
look for a name brand, with a replaceable friction surface.  They're also made
with plasma sprayed friction surfaces, which while fine functionally, are a
bit difficult to get resurfaced when it becomes necessary.

HTH!

Bill J